8 fun ways to celebrate your cat’s birthday
Pet parents can be pretty extravagant when it comes to their cats’ birthdays and adoption anniversaries. Not only do cats show unconditional love and affection (er, sometimes), but science has shown that their owners also gift their owners better heart health. So it’s time to show your gratitude. Throw your cat a party with levitating balloons for entertainment. Sit back and watch your favorite furry family member go crazy catching and popping all the balloons. Keep an eye on your kitty to make sure he isn’t scared of the popping balloons.
The Only Way To Celebrate Your Cat’s Birthday Is With This Special Cake
1. Take a portrait
You’ve probably taken a lot of selfies and random photos of your cat. Mark your cat’s special day by having a professional photo taken of your cat with and without you and your family. You will love having a crisp, professional photo of your cat over time. With a little research, you’ll likely find a local wildlife photographer who can create that memory.
2. pamper your cat
Celebrate your cat’s birthday quietly with a few pats. Take the time to treat your cat to an extra long play session on their birthday. Give your cat a massage, which is especially appropriate for adult kittens.1 Ask your vet if they know of a holistic pet massage therapist who will make a home visit. Or give your cat a new, very comfortable bed for his birthday. There’s nothing a cat loves more than snuggling up in a soft bed for a long, delicious nap.
RELATED: 9 Grey and White Cat Breeds (With Pictures)
3. Choose the perfect gift
With the endless variety of cat toys out there to buy, finding a new birthday toy for your feline friend, or even making one yourself, should be easy. Whether he likes active toys or something to cuddle, there’s no better time than a birthday to add new things to his already overflowing toy basket. If you’re handy, you can make a new scratching post for a fancy birthday present.
4. Treat your cat to catnip
Celebrate happy hour with your cat by giving them catnip. Give catnip to your cat in a variety of ways, such as B. in the form of toys, catnip blisters, or fresh leaves. For a special occasion like your cat’s birthday, you can make a soft cat toy with this free and easy template. If you’ve never given your cat catnip, just sprinkle some dried leaves on a toy or climbing frame and see how she reacts.
5. Go on an adventure
Does your house cat seem too long for the great outdoors? Use your cat’s birthday as an opportunity to try something new and take a walk outside. Buy a leash or cat harness that fits your cat perfectly. First, let your cat run around your house with the harness on. Always praise your cat and be patient with your pet as it adjusts to the harness. Introduce your cat slowly to the great outdoors in a safe, fenced area away from other animals. Then go on a journey of discovery with your miniature tiger.
6. Create a cake for your cat
A special birthday present such as Food like these unbaked fishcakes will whet your cat’s appetite. You might even want to take a bite. You’ll need a few common pantry items and a cat who’s willing to indulge.
In a large bowl, combine the drained albacore tuna, diced chicken, and mashed sweet potato. If your mixture is a little watery, add a teaspoon of rice flour to soak up any excess liquid.
Use a small cookie cutter to form small round cakes from the dough. If you want a frosting, you can top the fish cakes with a simple mashed potato (no butter or cream).
Remember that this treatment is only for a special occasions. You should refrain from feeding your cat human food on a regular basis and be alert to possible stomach upset if you feed anything unusual.
7. Celebrate for a Good Cause
Celebrate your cat’s birthday for a good cause. Instead of buying new toys and treats for your cat, consider making a donation to a charity on their behalf. Check with local animal shelters for needs and ask your cat’s favorite people to make a donation, e.g. in the form of pet food, toys, or a blanket, to come to a meeting. Use your cat’s birthday to draw attention to animal concerns on social media. Contact an animal cancer research fund or GoFundMe page for a cat in need organization. When it comes to finding a good cause for cats, the only limit is your imagination.
Gift ideas for your cat
Give your cat something special in honor of their big day.
A brand new toy
When you give your cat some fantastic new toys, not only does your cat enjoy them, but you can enjoy watching them too. Look for unusual toys, not mice and ordinary feather toys.
- One idea would be to get several rails for Catit Senses balls and other Catit toys and put them together into one big installation. If your cat loves chasing things, she’ll have lots of fun trying to catch the ball as it weaves through the rails.
- You can also create a series of tunnels and fill them with toys, catnip, and treats so your cat can explore the path and find treats.
- If you have a very energetic cat, you should treat yourself to the luxury of a cat exercise bike, a large, hamster-like cat exercise wheel. He or she will love running at a fast pace without worrying about hitting anything in the house like furniture or walls.
A New Window Point of View
Weber says, “Cats love to look outside, especially in a nice sunny spot where they can enjoy the warmth. You can use this behavior to create a special spot for your cat’s birthday.
- Set up a new perch for your cat to watch what’s going on outside, including squirrels and birds, any cat’s delight. You can tie a pretty bow around the new perch and sit your cat on it with some catnip or treats to make it even more special.
- If you really want it all, you can also build a cat house that allows your cat to roam outside while being protected by a screened barrier.
- If you don’t want to lend a hand yourself, you can also buy cat houses and cat runs that are already built. Set them up, bring your cat inside, and let them enjoy their new “outdoor habitat”.
A Posh Condo
Since cats love to be high up and also like to hide when they want to take a nap, giving your cat a brand new luxury scratching post for their birthday makes a perfect gift. Instead of choosing the “usual” scratching posts you find at the pet store, look for something really unusual that your cat will love.
- The Hidden Hollow Fantasy Forest scratching posts, for example, are truly one-of-a-kind, with custom-designed fairy-tale forest-themed decorations.
- If you have the budget, the Park Place Cat Tree is a luxurious cat tower that will be the envy of all the cats in the neighborhood.
- Wrap your new tree in a bow, maybe with some streamers and tassels to keep your cat fluttering and happy in their new home.
Cat Birthday Party Themes
Another fun way to celebrate your cat’s special day is to have a themed event. It’s best to choose a theme related to your cat’s breed, personality, or even environment. For example, you could suggest topics like:
- If you have a breed like the Siamese, you could create a theme based on their tendency to be very vocal. Think of famous singers, e.g. an Elvis theme, or a theme based on their Southeast Asian heritage, e.g. B. Decorations with colors and figures adapted to the culture.
- A black cat could have a mystical or witchy theme as these cats are associated with the paranormal.
- If you have one of the British breeds such as B. British Shorthair or Longhair, Devon or Cornish Rex, or a Scottish Fold, you could organize a themed tea party to celebrate their British heritage. Add some cat treats in the form of scones or scones and some Union Jack decorations!
- Instead of using breed as a theme, think about your cat’s personality. Does he love lying in the sun more than anything else? How about a beach theme with palm trees and deck chairs for decoration and maybe even toys for your cat?
The birthday cake for the cat
You will definitely want a cake for your cat’s birthday.
- You can make them from cans of wet food placed in a shape, such as a small bundt cake mold. Add the food, freeze until it sets, and place it on a plate or in a bowl of cat food.
- You can also bake a cake using Kitty’s favorite turkey patties or tuna patties recipes that are formed into a pan or small pie plate.
- Decorate with small commercial cat treats or drizzle with some sardine or tuna oil as a glaze.
- Even if your cat is on a diet, she can still enjoy a cake! Just use the canned food to shape it in the mold or pot. If they are fed kibble, ask your vet if you can wet the kibble with chicken broth or low-sodium water to help shape it.
If your cat isn’t used to eating that much wet or rich food, you can feed cakes and treats in small bites, leaving time for digestion between each piece, as you don’t want to upset your cat’s stomach and cause diarrhea.
Tips for a great cat birthday party
When you come up with ideas for your cat’s birthday party, make sure they are activities that your cat will actually enjoy. Although you enjoy dressing up cats in costumes, hats, or wigs, your cat may hate it and even hide or scratch when angry. Loud music or noisemakers also upset many cats. Put yourself in your “cat’s” shoes as you envision how the party will go. Your kitten will thank you and have lots of fun on his birthday if you plan it extra well.
Inviting cat friends over?
Maybe not, because this is not a children’s birthday party! Don’t forget: she is a cat and has different needs. A cat can have friends, but only she chooses them! And she decides who can enter her territory. When cats are siblings or growing up together and shsharehe the same habitat, they can get along just fine. But it’s like us humans: we can get along with one person, but less so with another.
Inviting people to the party
That might not be a good idea. If you’re going to invite people to the party, for your cat’s sake, limit yourself to one or two people she likes. Your cat will not like too much fun and excitement. When it gets too much for her, she runs away and hides. But that’s not the point, is it? After all, it’s her birthday! You should prioritize her having fun.
Should I throw my cat a birthday party?
You are a beloved member of the family. Every year you spend with them deserves a cat birthday party. Plan a perfect cat birthday party complete with cat cake and decorations. That’s a good reason to get together with friends and party with the feline attitude.
Can Cats Eat Birthday Cake?
Of course, you should avoid giving your cat an actual birthday cake: they contain a lot of sugar, calories, and other ingredients that could be harmful to your cat’s health.
Is it okay to keep day-old kittens?
Veterinarians recommend only touching kittens when necessary while their eyes are still closed. You can make sure they are healthy and gaining weight, but try to limit direct physical contact. The kitten’s mother will also share with you how comfortable she is with you touching her babies.
Can cat have ice cream?
Cats shouldn’t eat ice cream for the same reasons it’s unhealthy for humans: Ice cream tends to be high in sugar and fat, which aren’t necessary for a cat’s diet.
A cat-themed birthday party is incomplete without your cat’s favorite food. But don’t worry because Sheba Premium Cat Food is here for you. Sheba Premium Cat Food offers a range of high-quality, delicious wet cat food to keep your feline friend well-fed and hydrated on their special day! Sheba’s wet cat food is made from the healthiest ingredients to ensure your cat gets all the nutrients she needs while still enjoying a tasty meal. Give your cat these portioned meals from Sheba and watch your furry friend empty his bowl!