The inner thighs are a problematic area for fat accumulation in the body, especially in women. It makes the legs look unsightly and is even harder to lose than the stubborn belly. The best way to lose thigh fat is through a healthy diet and the right exercise program.
Follow these 7 exercises to get a head start on the road to the perfectly toned and lean legs you’ve always dreamed of.
burpee Burpees are a great fat-burning exercise. It works all the muscles in the body, and the exercises are also good for building strength. Do them 10-20 times for best results.
- Sit on your back and place your hands on the floor.
- Then kick your feet back and assume a plank position, keeping your arms straight.
- Now, bring your feet into the squat.
- Then get up from the squat.
The lunge targets the inner thigh and helps stabilize the hips, improving overall posture.
- Start standing.
- Now move the left leg back to the right side so thighs cross and bend both knees as if bowing. Bring your palms together as you bend.
- Repeat the same with the right leg. This completes one repetition.
- Perform 3 sets of 12 to 15 repetitions.
As the name suggests, these exercises strengthen the glutes.
- First, get on all fours and place your hands directly under your shoulders.
- Keeping your back straight and parallel to the floor, lift your heel towards the ceiling. Hold this position for a few seconds and return to the starting position.
- Repeat the process with the other leg.
- Perform 10-15 reps on each leg.
The name says it all that frog jumps are about jumping like the leaping frog. However, don’t be fooled by its simplicity. This is a highly efficient exercise that will work your glutes, quads, as well as your hips flexors. To burn off the extra fat that makes inner thighs look unattractive, try frog hopping.
- First, stand up straight and put your feet shoulder-width apart.
- Now squat down completely on the floor and place your hands in front of you.
- Keep this position for one second or so.
- Jump up and then ahead like a frog.
- As you land, absorb energy by bending your knees and sitting on your hips.
As a testament to the effectiveness of these simple exercises, it is even used by the US military as warm-up and fitness exercises.
- Start doing jumping jacks by standing up straight.
- As you jump, raise your arms overhead and jump with your feet apart.
- Do this 5 times.
Double side leg raises
This is a variation on the traditional side leg raise, using the top leg for resistance while the bottom leg lifts. The added benefit of this exercise is that it not only targets the inner thighs, but also the outer thighs and obliques.
- Lie on one side of your body. Rest your head and neck on your forearm.
- Keep your toes taped together and pointed away from your body.
- Then slowly lift each leg to the highest level you can. The legs should always remain stacked on top of each other.
- Hold the position for about 2 seconds before returning to the starting position.
- Perform 1 to 2 sets of 15 repetitions per side.
Sumo Goblet Squat
Sumo squats are not only effective for toning thighs and buttocks, but they’re also great for getting rid of stubborn belly fat.
- Start by making your feet wider than your shoulders and planting your feet at a 45-degree angle.
- Now crouch at a 90-degree angle and bring your hands up so they meet under your chin.
- Then get to half the distance before crouching again.
You can also hold a weight to increase effectiveness.
For best results, it is important to stick to a program without skipping it. Are you sticking to your exercise routine or occasionally skipping it? What other workouts do you practice to keep your muscles in good shape? Let us know in the comments.